Friday, September 12, 2008

Sarah Palin is a Disaster in Waiting

Go to Original
By Joan Burnie

I AM going to burn in Hell. Well, I suppose it's one way of keeping warm this winter.

This is what will happen to me because of my words last week on Sarah Palin, the Republican's candidate for vice-president.

According to my critics, I only had a go at Palin because she's a Christian. No, I had a go at the woman because she is potentially more destructive than the Large Hadron Collider.

I'll leave the CERN boffins, when they've finished playing with their new expensive toy in Switzerland, to argue with her over whether God did or didn't make the world in six days.

The problem is that with Sarah in charge, it could be unmade in six minutes flat. For, should the elderly Senator McCain become president, Palin is a heart beat away from the nuclear button.

All the rest, from the lies she's told, such as maintaining she was against a ruinously expensive bridge in Alaska when in fact she campaigned for it, to her views on sex education, which have resulted in her state now having the highest rate of chlamydia in the country, aren't our problem.

That is the US's business. Let them deal with it. Except, America also treats the rest of the world as its backyard in which it can - and does - interfere at will.

That is why Sarah Palin, with her rigid belief that God and the gun can solve everything, scares the lipstick off me.

Meanwhile, Obama and Co seem paralysed, unable to attack her, lest they be accused of sexism and being nasty to a girlie.

Furthermore, there are some dames, not all of them hard-line Republicans or even Americans, who think Palin should be supported simply because she's a woman. That, my deluded loves, IS sexism.

No comments: